Location: Nanwalek, AK
Salary: $14 – $15 per hour or DOE
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Until filled
Primary responsibilities include providing supportive behavioral health services to individuals, families and the communities and coordinating local activities aimed at improving emotional and behavioral wellness. The Behavioral Health Addictions Counselor Trainee position is in the Behavioral Health Department within the Community & Family Services Division and under the supervision of the Addictions Coordinator. Job responsibilities and functions are coordinated with the village councils.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and ability to work well with local community.
- Reliable, dependable, ability to demonstrate programs and events follow through and consistency in availability.
- Ability to live and work in a rural setting and travel by light aircraft when required.
- Will be required to work toward obtaining a CDC I level of certification.
- Must maintain a reputation of sobriety and confidentiality.
Full benefits paid: health, Rx, dental, paid half dependent coverage, short and long term disability, life, 12 paid holidays. Personal leave: 1st -3rd years 20 days per year, 4th year 26 days per year, 5th year 29.5 days per year. Retirement: 401(a) Pension Plan 8% by employer & 403 (b) TDA & Roth contributions, a subsidized gym membership, among many other benefits.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Hours of work are between Monday and Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., 22.5 hours per week. Chugachmiut maintains a drug/alcohol free and non-smoking environment. Travel by small aircraft to remote locations is required.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. You may not write see resume.
Mail or fax application to: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.