Location: One position to be based in any of the following Regional Communities: Anchorage, Cordova, Homer, Seward, Port Graham, Nanwalek, Chenega Bay, Tatitlek, or Valdez, AK
Salary: $ 23 – $25 per hour or DOE
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: October 2, 2017
Closing Date: Until filled
The Addictions Counselor position is located in the Community & Family Services Division under the supervision of the Regional Addictions Coordinator. This position will become an integral member of the Behavioral Health Department and works collaboratively with other Behavioral Health Services staff to provide comprehensive, holistic behavioral health services to those clients seeking to recover from addictions.
It is of utmost importance that the Addictions Counselor provides regular groups for recovery from addictions, ensures clarity in all communications for which he/she is responsible- both written and verbal, and meets the highest standards of confidentiality, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Willingness to learn the traditions and culture of the people of the Chugachmiut Region and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Alaska Native communities.
- Must be a certified Chemical Dependency Counselor Level I (or higher) or have a current training plan in place to become certified.
- Be willing to become certified as a Behavioral Health Aide, if requested by the supervisor.
- Willingness to participate as a member of the Behavioral Health Services team in program planning and evaluation. Able to work both cooperatively and independently toward the overall goals of the Behavioral Health Department and those of Chugachmiut.
- Skilled in working with the public.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends (when camps are in session) as-needed. Chugachmiut maintains a drug free/ non-smoking environment.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. You may not write see resume.
You can e-mail application to NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.