Location: Any Regional Community
Salary: $23 – $25 per hour or DOE
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: October 2, 2017
Closing Date: Until filled
Primary responsibilities include: coordination of regional Addictions Camps and assessment of participant needs for substance abuse services, to include primary treatment, aftercare, education and prevention for individuals, families and groups; promotion of health and well-being in response to the communities’ needs and working with other health and behavioral health care staff to ensure high quality and comprehensive addictions care for the beneficiaries being served.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified as a State of Alaska Chemical Dependency Counselor II or higher.
- Certification as a Behavioral Health Aide within two years, if directed by supervisor.
- Minimum of one to three years of direct service delivery experience required. Program Development experience preferred.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with one hour for lunch and occasional evenings and weekends (when camps are in session) as-needed. Chugachmiut maintains a drug-free / non-smoking environment. There is frequent travel to villages of the region. Must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. You may not write see resume.
You can e-mail application to NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.