Locations: Anchorage, AK
Salary: $43.00-$46.00 per hour, DOE
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: October 19, 2017
Closing Date: Opened until filled
The Grants Administrator is located in the HR & Administration Division under the immediate supervision of the Deputy Director and functions as a program manager for the management of grant writing and grants administration functions of Chugachmiut and other duties as assigned. Assignments will be performed with considerable independence, and require application of initiative and creativity. It is of utmost importance that the Grants Administrator ensures that all communications for which he/she is responsible, both written and verbal, meet the highest standards of accuracy and professionalism.
- Graduate degree in public administration, business management, or related filed. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience related to the work of the position is mandatory. A combination of work experience and education which would conclusively demonstrate the ability to do the work may be substituted.
- Evidence of significant successful program management and grant/proposal writing.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in the areas of writing, proofreading, quality control and attention to detail.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours worked are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch. This a full-time 37.5 hours per week and 1950 hours a year position. Chugachmiut maintains a drug and alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region, must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
You can e-mail your application to NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.