Location: Anchorage, AK
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: December 19, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Head Start Program Aide is a program specific position. The position is responsible for child file management, ChildPlus data entry, Teaching Strategies Gold data point data entry and monitoring, paperwork processing and filing. This positon provides assistance to the Head Start Coordinator and Head Start Director with duties and tasks pertinent to Head Start program services and support.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- One year of early learning program experience or general office work experience.
- Knowledge and ability to use standard desktop computers and standard Microsoft software such as Word and Excel.
- To pass criminal background check including fingerprinting.
- CPR and First Aid training within 6 months of hire.
- Experience and working knowledge of the Head Start program preferred.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Hours of work are between Monday and Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., 10 hours per week. Chugachmiut maintains a drug/alcohol free and non-smoking environment. Travel by small aircraft to remote locations is required.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. You may not write see resume.
Mail or fax application to: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.