Location: Chenega Bay, AK, Tatitlek, AK & Valdez, AK
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Number of Positions: Three, one position per location
Opening Date: October 11, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
LEC is responsible for the coordination of local activities of the Heritage Preservation Department. Commitment to travel to quarterly regional meetings is mandatory.
Essential duties and responsibilities are weekly LEC teleconferences, organize local Native Education Committee. Receive and follow directions related to planning, development, revision, completion and implementation of curricula and materials from the Elders’ Council. Collect Elder/Recognized Expert presentation requests during NEC meetings, coordinate and promote lecture series, participate in professional development per program requirements, among other duties.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of the Sugpiaq/Alutiiq culture is required
- Applicants must possess a genuine interest in the academic, social, and emotional growth of K-12 students and have a willingness to work cooperatively with the Chugach Region Native Ways of Knowing Curriculum Committee
- Fluency and literacy in Sugt’stun is preferred
- Must have strong computer and research skills
- Previous experience in an educational setting is preferred
- Preference for a person with knowledge of the local community and the Chugach Region will be given
Full benefits paid: health, Rx, dental, paid half dependent coverage, short and long term disability, life, 12 paid holidays. Personal leave: 1st -3rd years 20 days per year, 4th year 26 days per year, 5th year 29.5 days per year. Retirement: 401(a) Pension Plan 8% by employer & 403 (b) TDA & Roth contributions, among many other benefits.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch. This a full-time 37.5 hours per week and 1,950 hours a year position. Chugachmiut maintains a drug and alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region, must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Hours of work are between Monday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch, 37.5 hours per week. Chugachmiut maintains a drug/alcohol free and non-smoking environment. Travel by small aircraft to remote locations may be required.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
You can e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.