Location: Anchorage, AK
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: October 26, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under limited supervision this position reviews medical record documentation and helps ensure the diagnosis and procedure codes are applied correctly during the medical billing process, which includes abstracting the information from documentation, assigning the appropriate codes, and creating a claim to be paid by insurance carriers. The standard codes will be assigned using CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II classification systems. Claims are submitted in accordance with governmental regulations and private payer policies, follow-up on claim statuses, provide resolution of claim denials, submit appeals, post payments and adjustments, and support collections management.
- An Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management or progressively responsible professional/exempt work experience may be substituted
- Two (2) years of medical coding experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or training may be substituted for experience
- Any one of the following certifications; Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Experience working in an Alaska Native Tribal Health billing environment is preferred
Full benefits paid: health, Rx, dental, paid half dependent coverage, short and long term disability, life, 12 paid holidays. Personal leave: 1st -3rd years 20 days per year, 4th year 26 days per year, 5th year 29.5 days per year. Retirement: 401(a) Pension Plan 8% by employer & 403 (b) TDA & Roth contributions, a subsidized gym membership, among many other benefits.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Hours of work are between Monday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch, 37.5 hours per week. Chugachmiut maintains a drug/alcohol free and non-smoking environment. Travel by small aircraft to remote locations is required.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. You may not write see resume.
Mail or fax application to: NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.