Location: Anchorage, AK
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: November 27, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under the direction of the Alaska Native Education Program Manager, the Regional Education Coordinator will work with Local Education Coordinators to provide guidance and support. Coordinate cultural education program in the assigned sub-region. Travel to each community in the region regularly to provide Local Education Coordinators (LEC) training, guidance, and support. Meet with tribal councils, community, school staff, school district administration, curriculum coordinators, and counselors to ensure their continued understanding and support of the project. Inform stakeholders of project activities, collaborate when appropriate, and gain input. Participate in curriculum development activities. Provide training and technical assistance for Local Education Coordinators, the community Native Education Council, and the Chugach Elders’ Council.
- Minimum baccalaureate degree in Education with work toward a Masters or PhD
- Experience teaching Alaska Native students, preferably in a rural setting
- Experience with and understanding of curriculum development, Experience training adults and previous experience in an administrative capacity, project management, fiscal operations, and record maintenance is preferred.
- Preference is for a person who has knowledge of Chugach Region communities and their values, customs, and language.
Full benefits paid: health, Rx, dental, paid half dependent coverage, short and long term disability, life, 12 paid holidays. Personal leave: 1st -3rd years 20 days per year, 4th year 26 days per year, 5th year 29.5 days per year. Retirement: 401(a) Pension Plan 8% by employer & 403 (b) TDA & Roth contributions, among many other benefits.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch. This a full-time 37.5 hours per week and 1,950 hours a year position. Chugachmiut maintains a drug and alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region, must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
You can e-mail your application to NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.