Location: One position to be based in any of the following Regional Communities: Anchorage, Cordova, Homer, Seward, Port Graham, Nanwalek, Chenega Bay, Tatitlek, or Valdez, AK
Salary: $33.00 per hour, DOE
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: October 11, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, assume responsibility for all activities of the Sugt’stun Curriculum program development and field-testing and oversee and manage all aspect of enrolling into and supporting Sugt’stun teachers as they seek an OEC/AA through Kodiak College as well as on-site and distance delivered training components of the project.
- A baccalaureate degree in education or linguistics is with work toward a graduate degree is required.
- Coordinator must hold a degree in education be fluent and literate in Sugt’stun with experience teaching a second language, preferably in a rural setting.
- Experience training adults is critical to this position.
- The ability to communicate well orally and in writing is necessary to this position.
- Travel to the Region’s communities in light aircraft is required.
Full benefits paid: health, Rx, dental, paid half dependent coverage, short and long term disability, life, 12 paid holidays. Personal leave: 1st -3rd years 20 days per year, 4th year 26 days per year, 5th year 29.5 days per year. Retirement: 401(a) Pension Plan 8% by employer & 403 (b) TDA & Roth contributions, among many other benefits.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch. This a full-time 37.5 hours per week and 1,950 hours a year position. Chugachmiut maintains a drug and alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region, must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
You can e-mail your application to email@example.com
Mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.