Location: Any Regional Community
Salary: $ 23-$24 per hour or DOE
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: October 2, 2017
Closing Date: Until filled
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of a community-based, culturally appropriate, tobacco prevention, education, intervention, and control program as per grant and sub grant guidelines. The Tobacco Prevention and Intervention Program is designed to increase the awareness of tobacco and its effects and to help current users of tobacco products end cycles of addiction and dependency. The Tobacco Prevention and Intervention Coordinator serves the needs of the Chugachmiut area and is directly supervised by the Community & Family Services Division/ Behavioral Health Department Addictions Coordinator.
- Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Experience can be substituted for degree.
- Obtain certification as a Chemical Dependency Counselor and/or certification as a Behavioral Health Aide within two years.
- Experience working with Tribal communities and Experience in health and/or human services.
- Grant management experience preferred.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Effective communication is essential in a workplace and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them. Greets every customer with eye contact and a smile. Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction. Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences. Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance. Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team. Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with one hour for lunch. Chugachmiut maintains a drug free/non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region. Must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. You may not write see resume.
You can e-mail application to NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.